Wednesday, Jan. 30
• BiblioBop Music & Movement Story time will be held for toddlers, preschoolers, and their caregivers at the Main Library from 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. every Wednesday. Registration is not required to attend.
Thursday, Jan. 31
• The Children’s Library is hosting a Penguin Prom for ages 0-5 at Resurrection Lutheran Church, 153 S. McKenna Ave. from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Celebrate these South Pole creatures by wearing black and white. Children will enjoy games, crafts, and a story time. No registration required, just stop in.
• The “As the Page Turns” Book Club will meet at the Gretna Public Library from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. to discuss this month’s book, Fractured by Karin Slaughter. If you are interested in joining an adult book club at the library, contact the library at 402-332-4480 or email@example.com.
Sunday, Feb. 3
• The Gretna United Methodist Church is hosting a series on Overall Health from 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall, 11457 S. 204 St. This is the third series. The presentation is free and open to the public. This is the final session.
Monday, Feb. 4
• The Knights of Columbus Council # 10047 and St. Patrick Church will host a Gretna Community Blood Drive from 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Make an appointment at: www.redcrossblood.org. Search sponsor code GretnaNE or call Marty Stednitz at 402-332-3840.
• The featured cookbook for February’s Cookbook Club is Crock Pot, The Original Slow Cooker: Busy Family Recipes by Pillsbury. Register with a librarian, pick out a recipe, make it at home, bring it to the meeting to share with others, and discuss the dish. The group meets from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the Main Library.
• Children from birth - age 5 are invited to spend the morning at Operation Play, a chance for open play and socialization, from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at the Children’s Library. No Registration needed.
Thursday, Feb. 7
• The LEGO Club meets from 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Sat., Jan. 5 from 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Main Library. No Registration needed.
• Adult Book Club “2.0” will meet at the Gretna Public Library from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. to discuss this month’s book, Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg. If you are interested in joining an adult book club at the library, contact the library at 402-332-4480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Feb. 16
• Paws & Pages returns to the Children’s Library from 10:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. Bring a book or choose one from the library to read to a trained therapy dog.
Thursday, Feb. 28
• The “As the Page Turns” Book Club will meet at the Gretna Public Library from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. to discuss this month’s book, Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber. If you are interested in joining an adult book club at the library, contact the library at 402-332-4480 or email@example.com.
News and Notes:
• The Gretna Community Events Calendar is located at: gretnapubliclibrary.org
• Gretna Public Library
- Main Library Hours: Mon., Thurs. & Fri. 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.; Tues. & Wed.10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Sat.1 p.m.- 3 p.m.; Sunday: Closed
- Children’s Library Hours: Mon., Thurs. & Fri.10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Tues. & Wed. 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.; Sat.10 a.m. - Noon; Sunday: Closed
A library card is not required to attend events.
• The current needs of the Gretna Neighbors’ Food Pantry are soap (dish, hand, bars and detergent), personal hygiene items, canned meat & pasta dishes, fruit cups, and cookies. Direct inquiries to Karron Brugmann at (402) 332-3562 or Gretna Neighbors, P.O. Box 191, Gretna, NE 68028. The pantry is open on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 9:00-11:00 a.m. as well as the 2nd Wednesday from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
• Contact the Gretna Post Office for new mail delivery or before erecting a mailbox, (402) 332-2726.
• The Gretna American Legion is available to help any local families with Veterans who need assistance. Contact the Legion at (402) 332-4441.
• The Gretna City Council meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Gretna City Hall, 204 N. McKenna Ave., the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month.
• The Gretna Public Schools Board of Education meets at 7:00 p.m. at the Administration Office, 1717 S. 216 Street, on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month.
• Are you looking for an opportunity to serve your community? The Gretna Optimist Club meets at Billy’s Gretna Cafe every Thursday morning at 7 a.m. New members welcome.
• The Gretna Lions Club meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Gretna Pizza Hut at 6:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome. For information, contact Pam Werling (402) 216-6532.
• The Gretna Senior Club meets at the Gretna Senior Center (City Hall basement) every Friday at 9 a.m. Contact Sharon Hardage at (402) 332-3952 with any questions.
• The Gretna American Legion Auxiliary meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Gretna American Legion. For more information, contact Charlotte Pfeffer at (402) 332-4581. The group is looking for volunteers to assist with BINGO at the Gretna Community Living Center the 1st Thursday of the month from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
• Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization whose main purpose is to raise funds to supplement the budget of the Library. The group meets on the 2nd Monday of each month (except August) at 6:30 p.m., Gretna Public Library Main Branch, 736 South St. For more information, contact the library at 402-332-4480.
• Alcoholics Anonymous will meet every Friday at 8:00 p.m. at Resurrection Lutheran Church, 153 South McKenna Ave., Gretna.
• The Gretna Arbor Society meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Gretna Library. The public is welcome. For more information, contact Jim Keepers, 402-618-8837.